Content Creator and Social Media Specialist will work on developing the organization’s social media content and its professional translation from English to Kurdish and vice versa. They will also act as the focal point for managing the organization's various social media platforms.
- Manage and oversee social media content.
- Implement the social media plans, calendar and strategies developed by the supervisor.
- Support the Management and development of the organization’s website and its content, inclusive of the Blogs section.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media practices and technologies.
- Be familiar with and make use of social media marketing tools such as Buffer.
- Work with designers and programs team to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Translate content from English to Kurdish and vice versa.
- Assist the Communication & Outreach Manager to maintain The Station's visual identity.
- Record stories and interviews (photos or videos) in order to cover the events and programs that take place at The Station.
- Produce monthly reports detailing the activities implemented alongside an analysis of the organization’s developing visibility.
- Supporting the supervisor with the drafting of Press Releases as requested.
- attend VIP meetings, when necessary, in order to record notes and quotes that are used in posts, stories and press releases.
Required Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- At least two years of experience working in Communications and/or marketing.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be familiar with programs such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of our policies, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred. However, candidates with two years’ experience in social media content creation will be considered.
- Must have fluent written and spoken English and Kurdish. Additional languages are desired.