Call for Letter of Expression of Interest
Training of Trainers on refresher business administration curriculum
The Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion (PSD) project is requesting services from individual consultants for Training of Trainers on refresher business administration curriculum.
The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
The PSD Project supports governmental efforts of creating conditions for a growth-oriented business and investment climate in central and south Iraq as well as the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It provides advisory services for economic reforms to government partners and supports fact-based policymaking through promoting the inclusion of private sector representations, academic institutions, and civil society organizations into policy-making processes.
In addition, the PSD Project supports the creation of employment prospects in the private sector for young Iraqis, especially women and returnees, following an integrated approach that combines labour market-driven skills development and job placement measures as well as entrepreneurship development, and advisory services for MSMEs.
Overall, this multi-donor action puts emphasis on developing long-term abilities of its partners such as the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, chambers, and business associations. Special attention is given to sectors with a strong potential for growth such as agribusiness, solar energy, waste management, and hospitality, with a regional focus on Baghdad, Basra, Diwaniyah, Diyala, Erbil, and Mosul.
GIZ’s PSD project seeks to improve employment prospects in the private sector by strengthening and expanding the portfolio of business development services (BDS) offered by business organizations and chambers to their members.
In-line with this goal, the PSD project has provided various training of trainers (ToT) sessions to qualified individuals from partner organizations on foundational business topics such as Strategy and Strategic Planning, Quality Management and Assurance, Business Plan and Business Development, and Market Analysis and Marketing Plan.
Currently, PSD is looking to contract a qualified consultant to provide further training to graduates of previously held ToTs with the goal of preparing them to eventually conduct training to local businesses in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. The consultant is expected to provide refresher sessions that cover previously taught business topics based on the already-developed curriculum. The consultant shall, over the course of a year, conduct weekly online sessions that include:
1. Up-to-date information on foundational business topics covered beforehand.
2. Advice on training methods and best practices.
3. Q&A sessions.
4. One-on-one online sessions as requested by participants.
5. Follow-ups and assessments.
Overall, the consultant shall provide guidance and renewed understanding of the topics the trainers will deliver to local businesses. At the end of the course, the consultant is expected to provide a final report detailing the progression of the trainers, highlight their strengths and weaknesses, and provide feedback/recommendations to GIZ regarding future training.
The approximate technical requirement of the consultant is as follows:
- Education/training: University qualification (Master level is preferred) in business administration, economics, management, or engineering
- Language: Excellent business language skills in English and Kurdish, fluency in Arabic is a plus.
- General professional experience: Minimum 2 years experience in the field of business consulting, business development, and business administration, specifically related to small and medium companies.
- Regional experience: Knowledge of the business landscape and economic context in Iraq (including Kurdistan region)
Interested individuals are kindly requested to express their interest in the above-mentioned services,
to send a Letter of Interest with the following documents:
1. The Curriculum Vitae CV.
2. Provide a letter directed to GIZ exploring the interest to work with GIZ for the above-mentioned service.
3. At least three References
4. Bank data with all details from a local bank (Bank Name, Account Holder, IBAN, account number).
5. A copy of ID or Passport.
Interested individuals must submit the above requirement forms (I. to IX.) via email to email@example.com with the email subject name ‘’ PSD – -EOI - Refresher ToT‘’. The deadline for submission is: