Aim of this assignment:
The Water Supply Network Consultant will advise on and manage a design phase of Water Supply Network improvement project in selected locations/neighbourhoods in Sheikhan district.
2 months (starting in October 2020)
MASAR for Local Governments is a programme funded by the EU MADAD trust fund. The overall aim of the programme is to strengthen the long-term resilience of targeted subnational governments and their host, refugee and IDP populations to deal with displacement.
The programme in Iraq aims to help municipal and governorate bodies in Dohuk and Ninewa.
MASAR has three objectives:
• To improve the capacities of subnational governments to engage in holistic, area-based planning and consider different scenarios that respond to the needs of host, refugee and IDP populations.
• To improve service delivery to generate greater social stability outcomes, based on the needs of host, refugee and IDP populations.
• To empower subnational governments and service providers to facilitate local economic development and to have better access to municipal investment that benefit the extension of safe public services and create economic opportunities for host, refugee and IDP populations.
• assessing the current conditions of the existing water infrastructure in the selected neighbourhoods of Sheikhan district;
• mapping the current water supply and distribution system (pipes diameters, valves, connections, etc) preferably using GIS;
• identifying the existing system bottlenecks (through hydraulic modelling);
• providing solutions for the improvement of the infrastructure to optimize the system’s efficiency through different demand scenario analysis;
• preparing the technical design of the intervention (including hydraulic modelling scenarios);
• preparing the Bill of Quantities and the Scope of Work;
• carrying out market research for the BoQ;
• identifying all necessary administrative requirments (permissions, etc.) that have to be dealt with;
Outputs / Deliverables:
1. Hydraulic modelling and technical assessment report.
2. Final report of the assignment describing briefly the tasks performed and suggestions, advices made by the expert.
3. Final technical design (in AutoCad, SHP and PDF files), final Scope of Work and BoQ (including market assessed prices).
• Relevant completed education background (engineering degree).
2. Professional Experience:
• Over 7 years of working experience in management of water supply infrastructure projects;
• Knowledge of the local context;
• Extensive network and contacts on the ground;
• Proficient in Arabic and/or Kurdish;
• Proficient in English;
• Very good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word and Excel), engineering software (e.g. AutoCAD) and hydraulic modelling software (e.g. WaterCAD or EPANET);
• Ability to work flexibly and independently;
• Cultural sensitivity and cross-cultural skiils;
• Understanding of local laws and other government requirements.
Sheikhan district and Duhok City
How to apply:
Please send you CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ref. CWSND/1 in the subject of your email.
Deadline for applications: 24 September 2020.
Only selected conadidates will be contacted.
By submitting your personal data in the form of a CV and/or covering letter to PCPM's email address, you agree that PCPM will process your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment process in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you do not agree, please do not send your application.