Human Appeal International (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation working in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal aims to alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Human Appeal’s staff embody our organizational values of excellence, accountability and transparency, compassion, empowerment, and trust and respect.
In 2016 Human Appeal established an office in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. HA is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by conflict and displacement in Iraq. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, Shelter, Protection and others.
The Community Mobilizers will operate in the MoDM office in Hamdaniya centre in Hamdaniya district of Ninewa governorate. The Community Mobilizers will disseminate key protection messaging and make referrals to specialized service providers. The Community Mobilizers will be required to update logs and write reports on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Create connections with community members, including men, boys, women, and girls, to establish needs and better understanding of the protection issues in Hamdaniya
- Disseminate key protection messaging as approved by the Protection Cluster
- Make referrals as necessary to specialized service providers, including, but not limited to the Human Appeal’s legal protection team and Human Appeal’s Mobile Protection Team
- Ensure beneficiary confidentiality and dignity by ensuring all referrals are maintained in a secure and confidential manner
- Develop appropriate mass information dissemination materials as needed
- Any other reasonable duties, as assigned by the Protection Officer
- Preferably a university degree or a higher qualification in Humanitarian Assistance, Development, International Human Rights, Law, Social Work or Political Science
- Preferable 6 months of experience in the NGO field
- Understanding of confidentiality and other key relevant humanitarian principles
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines
- Understanding of the gender specific dynamics and protection issues of the Iraq conflict and IDP displacements
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic