ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL:
Human Appeal International (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation working in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal aims to alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Human Appeal’s staff embody our organizational values of excellence, accountability and transparency, compassion, empowerment, and trust and respect.
In 2016 Human Appeal established an office in Iraq. HA is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by conflict and displacement in Iraq. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, Shelter, Protection and others.
The Community Mobilizers for the Cash for Protection Winterization (CPW) project will be responsible for safe identification and referral of vulnerable households falling under CPW selection criteria for further support.
The community mobilizer will be required to make daily assessments in the field and send referral forms of selected families, directly liaise with beneficiaries and provide direct support to household falling under CPW selection criteria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create connections with community members, including men, boys, women, and girls, to establish needs and better identify vulnerable households in Shirqat district.
- Conduct daily household assessment activities using UNHCR household assessment tool on Kobo.
- Make referrals for vulnerable household falling under CPW selection criteria for further assistance.
- Confidentially and respecting Humanitarian principle’s and Cash Working Group guidelines at all time distribute CPW to selected families as agreed with Protection Team Leader.
- Ensure beneficiary confidentiality and dignity at all times by ensuring all referrals are maintained and made in a secure and confidential manner.
- Ensure all needed data are correctly gathered and sent on a timely manner to the Protection Team Leader.
- Disseminate key protection messaging as approved by the Protection Cluster.
- Any other reasonable duties, as assigned by the Protection Team Leader.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
- Preferably a university degree or a higher qualification in Humanitarian Assistance, Development, International Human Rights, Law, Social Work or Political Science.
- Preferable 1 year of experience in the NGO field.
- Understanding of confidentiality and other key relevant humanitarian principles.
- Flexibility and ability to move to the field daily, work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Understanding of the gender specific dynamics and protection issues of the Iraq conflict and IDP displacements.
- Well-developed organisational and reporting skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Fluency in Arabic, English an advantage.