The Community Mobilizers for the Legal Protection team will operate in the MoDM offices and other areas designated by the Legal Protection Team Officer. The Community Mobilizers for the Legal Protection Team will disseminate key protection messaging and make referrals to specialized service providers. The community mobilizers will be required to update logs and write reports on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create connections with community members, including men, boys, women, and girls, to establish needs and better understanding of the protection issues in Mosul.
- Conduct outreach activities with small groups in the community to discuss legal assistance and awareness.
- Disseminate key protection messaging as approved by the Protection Cluster.
- Make referrals as necessary to specialized service providers, including, but not limited to the Women’s Centers run by Human Appeal, Human Appeal’s legal protection team, and Human Appeal’s Mobile Protection Team.
- Ensure beneficiary confidentiality and dignity by ensuring all referrals are maintained in a secure and confidential manner.
- Develop appropriate mass information dissemination materials as needed.
- Any other reasonable duties, as assigned by the Legal Protection Team Leader.
- Preferably a university degree or a higher qualification in Humanitarian Assistance, Development, International Human Rights, Law, Social Work or Political Science.
- Preferable 1 year of experience in the NGO field.
- Understanding of confidentiality and other key relevant humanitarian principles.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Understanding of the gender specific dynamics and protection issues of the Iraq conflict and IDP displacements.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Fluency in Arabic.