Overview of CTG:
- CTG support & manage humanitarian projects in fragile & conflict affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries, from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia & Central and South America, we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation & support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we can act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) & to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruits & manages qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is undertaking a 3-year project that aims to improve basic living conditions for returnees in the liberated rural areas of Al-Anbar governorate through the rehabilitation of up to 1,000 housing units & restoration of decentralized services. The decentralized services component will entail the provision of solar street lighting, the rehabilitation of selected community roads, water & sanitation networks & / or stations. When feasible, the rehabilitated housing units will be connected to the restored decentralized services taking into consideration the whole neighborhood. The rehabilitation of housing & basic services will be guided by a needs-based approach.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following functions & responsibilities:
- Develop the gender sensitive communication & stakeholder engagement plan with the support of the Project Manager.
- Identify and engage with potential project beneficiaries.
- Conduct household assessments.
- Provide support to the Monitoring & Reporting Officer in compilation of the project’s beneficiary database through analyzing the collected information from the projects locations, preparation of summaries and briefing notes.
- Maintain awareness in the communities on project goals, GRM as well as HLP rights (i.e., compensation, alternative ownership proof etc.) through various activities in liaison with the PM & other stakeholders.
- Liaise with municipality directorate on the selection of targeted area for projects implementation.
- Undertake regular site visits to the project sites independently or together with the PM & the project team.
- Maintain close & effective collaboration with all key stakeholders & ensure their active participation in all project activities & committees.
- Ensure community participation includes the most vulnerable & marginalized groups.
- To the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Management, International Relations, Engineering, Social Studies or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant community development experience.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Middle East (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Develops & implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally to positively shape the organization. Anticipates & perceives the impact & implications of future decisions & activities on other parts of the organization.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others. Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs & inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles (for people managers only).
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
- Technical knowledge of construction, design, contract management, occupational health & safety, environment, planning & management.
- Judgment & decision making.
- High organizational skills.
Core values & principles:
- Understand & respect our client sustainability principles.
- Look for ways to embed our client’s sustainability principles in day-to-day project management.
- Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at workplace.
- Champion & communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders.
- Understand & respect national ownership & capacity.
- Understand the principles of the Paris declaration on aid effectiveness & mainstream them into the project plans.
- Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff.
- Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts.
- Partnerships & coordination.
- Understand the UNSDCF & our client along with the contribution of the project to the UNSDCF.
- Strive to build strong partnerships & effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g., UN, governments & NGO’s, or other relevant partners).
- Accountability for results & the use of resources.
- The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency & results. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue to the supervisor.
- Contribute to innovation & the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability & quality.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting project implementation & / or coordination in either public or private sector organization is required.
- Previous experience in supporting project mobilization & community engagement is required.
- Diploma & / or college education in combination with a total of 5 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Working experience in a project-based environment is required.
- Experience with international organization(s) & / or UN agencies is an asset.
- Proficiency with computers in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Internet, MS Project & other related software to the position field of expertise.
- Positive attitude & good analytical, interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to develop clear goals & work well under tight deadlines & handle multiple concurrent activities.
- Commitment, efficiency, flexibility & willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
- Ability to adapt to a difficult working environment, under pressure & with limited timeframes & to exercise initiative & resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to & within Iraq’s governorates.