Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability. Ta’afi is recruiting for a communications officer.
Local Long-term Professional, Cooperating Country National
S/he will report to the Communications Manager. This position is based in Erbil, Iraq
- Monitors the Iraqi media landscape and media usage, advising on best avenues to reach Iraqis.
- Monitor activity implementation to identify success stories, social media posts, and weekly report highlights.
- Draft social media posts and weekly report highlights to support project communications.
- Contribute to semiannual report drafting.
- Provide creative input into the design of multimedia products, include graphics, pictures, and videos.
- Support the production of graphics and videos to support project communications.
- Manage social media platforms and provide regular analysis on social media performance.
- Work with coordinators to capture quotes, images, and videos documenting project impact.
- Provide input into social media calendar to maximize reach and engagement.
- Implement social media engagement plan to maximize reach and engagement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience, required
- A minimum of two years of experience conducting similar activities in the private or public sector
- Knowledge of the Iraqi context, current dynamics, and actors
- Strong capabilities in social media analytics programs
- Ability to collaborate with and receive guidance from donor and staff to ensure outputs meet the project’s data collection and analysis needs
- Ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise strong professional judgment
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues, visitors, and the public
- Strong understanding of conflict sensitivity
- Graphic design or video editing skills
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required.
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-07
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due
by 14 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only