About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Communications Intern:
The Communications Intern will provide support to the Communications Unit on a daily basis, helping to ensure the consistent delivery of quality communications products and campaigns, and timely analysis of SEED Foundations advocacy efforts across a wide range of media.
- Draft and publish social media content in Kurdish (Sorani) and English
- Monitor local, regional and international media on a daily basis and circulate daily media monitoring report to SEED staff
- Draft written stories, newsletters, and report or web copy as needed
- Monitor and report on social media analytics on a bi-weekly basis
- Support ad-hoc generation of graphics
- Support ad-hoc requests for photography, videography and interviews
- Support ad-hoc event coordination and management
- Support campaign ideation and development
Place and Timeline of Performance:
- 3-month duration with possibility of extension.
- Based at SEED Foundation HQ in Erbil, with possible travel to project locations across Kurdistan.
- English and Kurdish (Sorani) fluency required. Arabic Desirable.
- Recently graduated from Communications or related degree.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted