The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and
Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
The PSD Project supports governmental efforts of creating conditions for a growth-oriented business and investment climate in central and south Iraq as well as Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It provides advisory services for economic reforms to government partners and supports fact-based policy making through promoting the inclusion of private sector representations, academic institutions and civil society organisations into policy-making processes.
In addition, the PSD Project supports the creation of employment prospects in the private sector for young Iraqis, especially women and returnees, following an integrated approach that combines labour market-driven skills development and job placement measures as well as entrepreneurship development, and advisory services for MSMEs.
Overall, this multi-donor action puts emphasis on developing long-term abilities of its partners such as Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, chambers and business associations. Special attention is given to sectors with a strong potential for growth such as agribusiness, solar energy, waste management, and hospitality, with a regional focus on Baghdad, Basra, Diwaniyah, Diyala, Erbil and Mosul. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal enterprise with worldwide operations. GIZ supports the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ is also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions. GIZ has more than 22,000 staff around the globe and operates in about 120 countries worldwide.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and mission-driven team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We are looking for people who can think outside the box and walk the talk.
The duration of the contract is six month with the possibility for extension.
Location: Erbil Or Baghdad
The position holder is responsible for
- supporting the international M&E and Communications Advisor in the duties of communicating project activities and results towards the project’s stakeholders, peer groups and general public.
- managing technical and administrative aspects of the implementation of daily operational aspects of communication and visibility including managing external service providers and experts according to GIZ standards.
- ensuring high quality PR products and target-group specific outreach are a significant part of the job.
1. Operational support
The C&V Officer:
- runs/supports PR activities for/with partners and project staff, e.g. organising PR events
- writes articles about activities and results of the project, in close coordination with respective team
- reviews and edits publications (incl. proof-reading) of PR supports of the PSD project and its partners
The C&V Officer:
- identifies the needs of partners and project staff regarding communication and visibility skills and capacities, and develops their capacities accordingly
- further develops and updates templates
- ensures an up-to-date Wiki for the project and other tools to disseminate knowledge
The C&V Officer:
- coordinates research activities and studies including contracting and coordinating external service providers and experts for PR / communications related measures
- supports the project with European Union related PR activities
- further develops the communication and visibility plan for the European Union
The C&V Officer:
- supports the project with any additional tasks if deemed necessary, such as support to translation into / from Arabic
- university degree is mandatory, preferably in economics, political/social sciences or business administration (asset)
- at least 5 years, ideally 10 years of relevant occupational experience in project management
- a proven record of communications / PR work is mandatory
- experience with project management is an asset
- experience with an international company or development organisation is an asset.
- very good working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications
- tasks require diligence and detail-orientation whilst being solution- and team-oriented
- above average academic Arabic and English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken); Kurdish and / or German skills are an asset.
- team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible which includes the ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods and the willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ERB- PSD21-107) Communications & Visibility (C&V) Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.