Title: Communications & Visibility (C&V) Officer
Reports to: Project Director
Duty Station: Baghdad
The “Financial inclusion for a new economic start and integration in Iraq” (FI) Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
The project aims to sustainably improve financial inclusion and access to inclusive financial services for vulnerable target groups such as women, youth, people affected by poverty, internally displaced persons (IDPs), returnees, refugees and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). The project has four Outputs, (1) “Developing inclusive financial services”, (2) “Enhancing awareness about inclusive financial services and the financing of renewable energies”, (3) “Strengthening the capacities of the Central Bank of Iraq to promote and regulate inclusive financial services”, and (4) “Improving conditions for women-led businesses to access financial services.”
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal enterprise with worldwide operations. GIZ supports the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ is also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions. GIZ has more than 22,000 staff around the globe and operates in about 120 countries worldwide.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and mission-driven team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We are looking for people who can think outside the box and walk the talk.
The position holder is responsible for
• supporting the international Advisor for Results Monitoring and Communication in the duties of communicating project activities and results towards the project’s stakeholders, peer groups and general public.
• managing technical and administrative aspects of the implementation of daily operational aspects of communication and visibility including managing external service providers and experts according to GIZ standards.
• ensuring high quality PR products in line with donor requirements (BMZ/EU) and target-group specific outreach. In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Operational support
The C&V Officer:
• runs/supports PR activities for/with partners and project staff, e.g., organising PR events
• develops content e.g., writes articles / social media posts about activities and results of the project, in close coordination with respective team
• undertakes quality checks, e.g., reviews and edits publications (incl. proof-reading) of PR products
• advises FI project staff through consultation hours
2. Knowledge Management and Learning
The C&V Officer:
• identifies the needs of partners, service providers and project staff regarding communication and visibility skills and capacities, and further develops them accordingly
• continuously improves and updates templates
• ensures an up-to-date Wiki for the project and other tools to disseminate knowledge
• maintains library and internal tracker of visibility statistics to meet EU requirements
3. Coordination and Planning
The C&V Officer:
• coordinates external research activities and studies including contracting and coordinating external service providers and experts for PR / communications related
• supports the coordination and communication with EU Delegation related to project visibility
• develops and maintains a social media schedule
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The C&V Officer:
• supports the project with any additional tasks if deemed necessary, such as support to translation into / from Arabic
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
• university degree is mandatory, preferably in economics, political/social sciences, or business administration (asset)
• at least 5 years, ideally 10 years of relevant occupational experience in project management
• a proven record of communications / PR work is mandatory
• experience with project management is an asset
• experience with an international company or development organisation is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• very good working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications
• tasks require diligence and detail-orientation whilst being solution- and team-oriented
• above average academic Arabic and English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken); Kurdish and / or German skills are an asset.
• team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible which includes the ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods and the willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-FI22 -012) Communications & Visibility (C&V) Officer
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered