The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit
(GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know-how. We are a German federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable, and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
Most of our work is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). However, GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries and public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include governments of other countries, the European Commission, the United Nations, and the World Bank. We are equally committed to helping our clients in the private sector attain their goals.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills.
There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
About the Project and position
The position is part of the “Financial Inclusion for a new economic start and Integration in Iraq” (FI)
Project in Iraq is a multi-donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic
Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the special initiative “Tackling the Root Causes of
Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees/Partnership for Prospect” and co-funded by the European
Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
The project aims to sustainably improve financial inclusion and access to inclusive financial services for vulnerable target groups.
Your main activities consist of:
• Runs/supports PR activities for/with partners and project staff, e.g., organizing PR events.
• Develops content e.g., writes articles / social media posts about activities and results of the project, in close coordination with respective team.
• Undertakes quality checks, e.g., reviews and edits publications (incl. proofreading) of PR products.
• Advises the FI project staff through consultation hours.
• Continuously improves and updates templates.
• Ensures an up-to-date Wiki for the project and other tools to disseminate knowledge.
• Maintains library and internal tracker of visibility statistics to meet EU requirements.
A university degree is mandatory, preferably in economics, political/social sciences, or business administration.
• At least 3 years of proven record of communications / PR work experience.
• Experience with an international company or development organization.
• Above average academic Arabic and English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken); Kurdish and/or German skills are an asset.
• Very good working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications.
• Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible which includes the ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods and the willingness to upskill as required by
the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Important notes for your application
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: ((BGH-
FI023-012) Communication Specialist)) Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.