UNOPS is recruiting for UNMAS programme in Iraq.
Number of post: (One)
Application deadline: 27 September 2020
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Persons with no UN experience are encouraged to apply!
This position is open to nationals or persons with a valid residence and/or work permit.
The Communication Officer will report to the Senior Programme Officer and will be responsible for the following assigned duties:
· Organize and cover donors’ field visits and media engagements/events in high risk areas of Iraq.
· Identify potential case studies or best practices that can be utilized by UNMAS Communications team.
· Collect information from beneficiaries for case studies, support field visits (Mosul, Kirkuk, West Anbar, and Sinjar which are considered high risk areas) for UNMAS Communications team.
· Plan and implement special events (e.g. screening, photo exhibition etc.) in the field.
· Prepare outreach content including social media publications, digital stories (Shorthand), newsletters, factsheets etc.
· Identify and liaise with local/national media and communications agencies.
· Monitor news/media outlets for stories involving UNMAS, mine action, and/or explosive hazards.
· Provide timely translations from Arabic to English and vice versa, in line with United Nations standards and of various types of outreach documents including social media content, website, factsheet, newsletters, digital stories etc while on field visits in the high risk areas.
· Provide interpretation into Arabic from English and/or from English into Arabic, during press conferences, UNMAS Iraq events and workshops.
· Keep track of all communication/media documentation mentioning the UNMAS Iraq programme, specifically in Arabic, and keep electronic filing up to date.
· Actively seek opportunities for visibility and communication initiatives in collaboration with the UNMAS Communications teams and ensure that activities are appropriately branded with UNMAS or donor branding;
· Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Head of Programme Section/ Senior Programme Officer.
Education and Relevant Years of Experience:
· Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or
· First level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
· Relevant experience is defined as experience in communications, public relations, media, journalism, or advertising
· Experience in managing communications or digital projects is required.
· Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking) is required
· Fluency in Arabic (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-10 (ICS-10)
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
Kindly apply through the below link