About GIZ and GIZ Iraq
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various
- Disinfectant mopping hard floor, stairs, corridors, halls, offices, meeting rooms, underground parking and security office, kitchen, and toilets on all floors of the floor.
- Vacuum cleaning of carpet surfaces and/or sweeping.
- All surfaces inside the elevator.
- Dusting/wiping of all furniture such as desks, chairs and tables, cupboards, mobile pedestal drawers, as it might be appropriate or requested.
- Empty paper shredders on each floor.
- Kitchen benches and sinks to be cleared of crockery and cutlery regularly throughout the day. All kitchen appliances such as microwave ovens, coffee makers etc. to be kept clean.
- Removal of garbage from the floor.
- Empty the wastebaskets/bins in all offices, rooms, corridors, toilets, and kitchens on a daily basis.
- watering of plants
- Decalcification of electrical kitchen appliances (coffee machines, kettles etc...).
- Dusting of light fixtures, coat hangers, picture frames, posters. Light switches, electrical sockets, doorbells.
- Washing of wastebasket/bins.
- Antistatic cleaning of IT and electric office equipment such as telephones, printers, copiers, screens, keyboards, calculators using dedicated equipment by trained personnel.
- General cleaning of electric building equipment such as heating, air-conditioning, lamps.
- Dusting of plants
- Complete internal and external cleaning of windows, frames, windowsills, and internal glass panels.
- Additional cleaning of meeting rooms, kitchen, and reception area.
- Primary school education
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable role, with references
- Fluently speaking national language (Arabic or Kurdish), and basic knowledge of English or German.
- Ability to act sensitively in handling and disposing of potentially important documents
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- A team player
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL- ECON23-005) Cleaning Staff Member Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for. CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.