The conflict between the Syrian regime and opposition forces, which began more than ten years ago, has since become increasingly fragmented and violent. The situation of the people on the ground is becoming increasingly critical amid massive human rights violations. The stabilization project focuses on strengthening civil society vis-à-vis the regime and extremist groups by maintaining the influence of civil society actors on the ground. This is achieved through the promotion of civil society initiatives, local consultation processes, and the reintegration of marginalized groups. Due to the security situation in Syria, the project is being implemented remotely from Erbil/Iraq.
- Ensure that the office premises are clean and orderly
- Run errands and complete other tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Provide a small lunch in the office building for all staff in the office/programmeOrganise and maintain office furniture and materials and carry out catering and canteen services
- Carry out maintenance tasks or monitor implementation of maintenance work
- Distribute office materials and manage inventory levels
- Ensure that office space is kept clean and orderly
- Provide basic catering and canteen services in the office
- Run errands, provides messenger services
- Monitor and organize the purchase of day-to-day office materials
- Provide logistical services for workshops and training courses within and outside the office premises
- Provide support for small-scale administrative and organizational tasks such as scanning, photocopying and filing
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks and/or monitor implementation of maintenance work
- Notify the manager promptly when office materials need to be restocked, repair work needs to be carried out, or there are any other irregularities
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description
- A minimum of a secondary school leaving qualification or equivalent vocational school qualification A minimum of three years’ professional experience in a comparable role, with references
- Ideally speaks Arabic and Kurdish, a basic knowledge of English or German is an added value
- Ability to act sensitively in handling and disposing of potentially important documents
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- A team player
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL- SP22-105) Cleaning Staff Member line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications