The cleaner is responsible for
▪ keeping the office premises clean and tidy
▪ running errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly
The cleaner performs the following tasks:
▪ cleans the office premises, rooms, furniture, carpets and windows.
▪ checks and refills supplies in all areas, including office supplies and articles in the washrooms and WCs.
▪ sets up and prepares the conference rooms as instructed.
▪ supplies the offices with hot and cold beverages and other catering services.
▪ provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for guests and visitors.
▪ reports if stocks, e.g. of beverages are low, and need to be replaced.
Supports office communications and administration
▪ supports office or project logistics, e.g. takes letters to the post office or hands them to courier services
▪ makes photocopies and scans documents as needed
▪ checks office supplies and restocks office materials, e.g. ensuring that fax machines and photocopiers are operational by filling with paper, toner cartridges etc.
▪ carries out minor repairs as required to keep office equipment operational.
▪ runs errands, e.g. buys lunch on request for office staff if and when required
▪ reports damage to office areas and equipment, and organises and monitors maintenance and repair
Required qualifications, competences and experience
▪ primary school education
▪ At least 1-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Excellent Arabic language skills.
• Good English language skills.
• Attention to detail, hygiene and tidiness.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important.
• Reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing.