The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar, and Mosul.
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Assistant, the cleaner is specifically responsible for day-to-day office cleaning as well as performing a wide range of admin and facilities activities and support to IRC Erbil Office and guest house to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Cleaning IRC Erbil office guest houses and daily basis.
- Ensuring soap and clean towels are to the required places in IRC Erbil Office and guest houses
- dusting, vacuuming ,cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning and mopping individual rooms common area (living room and kitchen) in IRC Erbil Office and Guest houses
- cleaning kitchen surfaces and washing dishes in IRC Erbil Office & Guest houses
- Washing commonly used items (curtains, bed sheets, towels and kitchen towels) in IRC Erbil Guest Houses.
- Changing the bed sheets on regular basis and after residents move out of the guesthouse in IRC Erbil Guest Houses.
- Overseeing stock of IRC-provided supplies (cleaning and kitchen) and alerting SC Officer before stock-out IRC Guest houses
- Cleaning verandas, if applicable
- Inspecting, checking and informing supervisor for damaged equipment or equipment that needs maintenance.
- Follow all health regulations
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to Supply chain Officer
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting: Supply chain Manager
- Other Internal and external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups from which the position influences or requires support to accomplish objectives.
- Internal: IRC staff
- External: N/A
- Education: Secondary School
- Work Experience: 1 years
- Good Time management
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Language Skills: Local Languages.
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to email@example.com.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى firstname.lastname@example.org