Job Title: Cleaner
Reports to: Administrative and Logistics Professional
Duty Station: Erbil
The Cluster Reconstruction and Peacebuilding is clustering all GIZ projects and programs related to reconstruction, social cohesion, peace building and livelihoods with a focus on the Kurdish Region of Iraq and the liberated areas of Iraq. The Cluster Management Office is responsible for the portfolio development, coordination and cooperation with other Clusters in GIZ.
The cleaner is responsible for
- keeping the office premises clean and tidy
- running errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly
The cleaner performs the following tasks:
1. Office services
- cleans the office premises, rooms, furniture, carpets and windows
- checks and refills supplies in all areas, including office supplies and articles in the washrooms and WCs
- sets up and prepares the conference rooms as instructed; including cleaning after conferences
- supplies the offices with hot and cold beverages and other catering services
- provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for guests and visitors
- reports if stocks, e.g. of beverages are low, and need to be replaced
2. Supports office communications and administration
- supports office or project logistics, e.g. takes letters to the post office or hands them to courier services
- makes photocopies and scans documents as needed
- checks office supplies and restocks office materials, e.g. ensuring that fax machines and photocopiers are operational by filling with paper, toner cartridges etc.
- carries out minor repairs as required to keep office equipment operational.
3. General tasks
- runs errands, e.g. buys lunch on request for office staff if and when required
- reports damage to office areas and equipment, and organises and monitors maintenance and repair
- primary school education
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references Other knowledge, additional competences
- ideally, a knowledge of German, or the European language widely used in the country
- sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
- reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-RECO21-157) Cleaner
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered