The cleaner is responsible for
- keeping the office premises clean and tidy
- running errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly
Office services The cleaner
- cleans the office premises, rooms, furniture, carpets and windows.
- checks and refills supplies in all areas, including office supplies and articles in the washrooms and WCs.
- sets up and prepares the conference rooms as instructed.
- supplies the offices with hot and cold beverages and other catering services.
- provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for guests and visitors.
- reports if stocks, e.g. of beverages are low, and need to be replaced.
- Care for and water a garden.
Supports office communications and administration
- supports office or project logistics, e.g. takes letters to the post office or hands them to courier services
- makes photocopies and scans documents as needed
- checks office supplies and restocks office materials, e.g. ensuring that fax machines and photocopiers are operational by filling with paper, toner cartridges etc.
- carries out minor repairs as required to keep office equipment operational.
- runs errands, e.g. buys lunch on request for office staff if and when required
- reports damage to office areas and equipment, and organises and monitors maintenance and repair
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- primary school education
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good English language skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important.
- Reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing.