World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Child Protection and Education Officer – Salah Al-Din
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Child Protection and Education Officer: is responsible for supervising and mentoring the implementation of the CP and Education activities in the area of responsibilities in Salahaddin governorate. The officer will supervise a team of case workers and community mobilizers, ensure that child protection and education activities are consistent with World vision programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and ensures timely reporting to the project manager/coordinator and ensures timely, adequate and quality monitored implementation of CP and education activities.
Coordination and Project Implementation
- Implement Child Protection and education activities in the designated area of responsibilities.
- Supervise case workers in supporting cases, case planning, case conferences and closures
- Represent World vision in different forums including sub national education and child protection clusters.
- Develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, procurement of education and child protection materials
- Under the supervision of Project Coordinator ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Ensures timely update of field activities to Project Coordinator and Children in emergency Technical adviser.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation.
- Provide different to trainings to school teachers and world vision staff ensure that weekly and monthly planning and feedback meetings take place for the project team
- Will ensure a context based mechanism is in place to hear the voice of the community for WVI project interventions.
- Strengthen meaningful child/youth participation at the community level
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats at the community level.
- Community and the students in the centre.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Keep the Manager updated of the task accomplished, and issues.
- Be sure that strategies and operational measures effectively respond to protection requirements
- Ensure effective and efficient overseeing of the project staff
- With the support of the Manager develop staff planning and provide guidance and support to staff in their role/tasks
- Assist the Manager in recruiting of community mobilizer and case workers as needed
- Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment
- Ensure a good communication – coordination – information level of each member of the team through regular coordination meetings (or other if needed);
- Work with the community stakeholder and World vision staff to identify, screen, document and report cases of children that are in need of additional support (i.e. mental health services), and coordinate closely with other service providers to help refer and follow-up on all reported cases (on a case-by-case basis).
Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Assist with monitoring all CP and Education activities against indicators and quality benchmarks.
- Ensure that all CP and education program data is properly and regularly collected by field staff, check data and ensure that it is logically presented to the Response Team CP Manager.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports;
- Support Project Manager/Coordinator in the submission of the desired reports, data entry and data management according to CP and Education MEAL tools
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress.
- Ensure Well-being center project documentation system is updated from all project staff
- The documents only need to be shared with the manager he/she will be reporting to.
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
Safety and Security responsibilities
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least Bachelor’s degree on social science (social work, education, psychology, sociology etc.)
- Experience in school and Household Mobilization and related fields are preferred.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
- Experience in project management and programming knowledge in Education and Child Protection.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Education program
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with children (teaching, nursery, social work, etc.)
- At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations and leading teams
- Ability to produce clear and well organized documents
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
- Experience in Community Mobilization activities work experience with budget management and procurement procedures
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processors
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Past experience in working with the education sector
- Successful track record in project coordination.
- Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
- Fluency in local language(s) (Arabic and/or Kurdish).
- Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 29 June 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.