We are hiring a Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To be successful Cashier should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
• Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
• Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
• Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
• Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
• Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
• Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
• Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
• Maintaining a clean workspace.
• Travel is necessary to visit sites and staying on the project for a designated duration.
• Working hours are typically standard office hours, but strict deadlines mean longer hours, weekends and being on-call are all possible and expected.
Skills and Requirements
• BSc in Accounting or equivalent.
• Proven experience of minimum 3 years as Cashier
• Proven total experience of 5 years
• Proven experience in camp construction projects or residential complexes (200 men and more)
• Customer service or Cashier experience.
• Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
• High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
• Attention to detail.
• Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.