PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
To effectively manage the implementation of the cash and vouchers project in all KRI covering all governorates and ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Coordination and Management
- Ensure the projects activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation with FSL Manager.
- Perform monitoring for all projects activities to ensure proper implementation.
- Manage the quality of the projects and all their staff in all areas.
- Attend and represent WVI at the coordination meetings (clusters and others) as agreed with the FSL manager.
- Ensure liaison with other international and national NGOs, camp management, relevant local administration and institutions for coordination and cooperation relevant sector
- Provide overall management of budget expenditures for the projects activities as per WV standards, supported by the FSL Manager.
- Keep abreast of all (potential) changes in the sector and ensure communication on this to the FSL manager.
- Regularly update FSL manager on project’s progress and to timely inform about issues related to the project and propose solutions to further implementation.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly project reviews and follow-up of key actions with the support of the FSL Manager
- Ensure project spending are based on the budget and ensure implementation of the project is aligned with DIPs, project plan and standards.
- Ensure programme compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities
- Ensure staff, programming and implementation is done properly with accountability and based on WV values and standards
- Staff Management
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the direct reports
- Develop staff planning
- Perform staff appraisal, promote staff capacity building by identifying support needs and report the suggestions to the FSL Manager
- Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment.
- Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure competency levels which allow staff to do their work accordingly. Work with the FSL Managers to supervise and provide training for all other Food assistance voucher staff.
- Coordination and Collaboration
- Co-ordinate with other Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the District and ensure that the project is targeted to the appropriate target population.
- Co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district so as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources. Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor
- Projects Compliance
- Ensure department procedures fulfill compliance as per WV and donors standards.
- sector documentation is up to date and audit compliant
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sociology, Management, or any other related or equivalent to the field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Emergency Response in Food Assistance Program Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management working with international organizations.
- Fluent in English, Arabic and/or Kurdish (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work in a challenging situation (camp settings)
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills
- Proven planning, team work and managerial experience and skills
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures
- Effective in written and oral communication in English and Arabic/Kurdish
- The ability to produce clear and well organized documents
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
- Experience in Community Mobilization activities
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to __50_% of the time.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for application is 21 May 2018.