Case Worker (Part Time) - Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Case Worker (Part Time) - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Caseworker is a member of the World vision Iraq Child Protection team. She/he will ensure that case management activities are consistent with World vision’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and also ensure support provided are compliant with donor regulations and Child Protection Principles
- Provide case management and psychosocial support to vulnerable individuals. Assess the needs of the survivors and develop informed case plan to meet Children and their family’s needs. Arrange, provide, refer, follow up, coordinate and advocate for a package of multiple services to meet the specific needs of the survivors;
- Participate in coordinated protection monitoring in target areas to better understand child protection issues in the targeted communities;
- Conduct adequate case assessment for the provision of cash assistance to meet protection needs of children;
- Conduct regular visits to vulnerable families, assess their needs and ensure safe child and family participation;
- Sensitize community focal points on CP case identification and safe referrals including UASC and GBV;
- Contribute to daily and weekly reports and submit weekly reports concerning implemented outreach activities and cases and participate in weekly case conferences Support in building child protection capacity of the Community based structures and Work in close coordination with them to be able to reach most vulnerable children
- Submit weekly, monthly and annual activity report to Project Coordinator;
- Support Project Coordinator to report necessary case management information with the cluster and CP working groups;
- Prepare individual files for survivors, monitor the service provision and provide necessary psychosocial support for wellbeing of children and their families in line with case management standard operating procedures ;
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic format based on principle of confidentiality. Ensure a child centered approach and always act in the best interests of the children.
- Participate in all World vision capacity development opportunities, and ensure cascading of the knowledge to relevant team members as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum diploma certificate.
- A degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- Experience working in child protection with children and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity.
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities.
- Understanding of social welfare systems and child protection mechanisms.
- Ability to write weekly and monthly reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Commitment to and understanding of World vision’ aims, values and principles including rights- based approaches
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Necessary capacity and experience on Child Protection case management.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge.
- Good communication in English and local languages.
- Daily visit to the field
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/child- development/case-worker-part-time-ninewa/17717
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified
for the interview. The deadline for application is 22 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.