Title Capacity Development Advisor
Reports to: Coordinator Governmental Relations and Career Centre
Duty Station: Erbil
Migration often represents major challenges for the countries of origin and the receiving countries. However, migration also means opportunities – particularly concerning the economic development of the countries of origin –, knowledge transfer and the investment of migrants in the communities.
Within the framework of the “Migration for Development” program financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ supports more than twenty countries to better use the potential of international migration for development. As part of the “Migration for Development” program, the “Returning to New Opportunities” program establishes and enhances migration advice structures in the country of origins by setting-up Migration Advice Centres.
In the context of migration advice, activities to support and advice on regular migration as well as to improve the social and economic reintegration of migrants and refugees returning to their country of origin is the goal.
Under the supervision of Governmental Relations Coordinator, The Capacity Development Advisor is responsible for the design, management, and implementation of capacity development initiatives for civil society organizations (CSOs) and political partners, including developing curricula, organizing, and coordinating training events, and leading workshops, and designing technical assistance delivery schemes while assisting in human capacity developments measures conducted by the Migration for Development programme.
- Assist the Governmental Relations Coordinator in the design and implementation of organizational capacity and needs assessments for civil society and political partners in terms of human capacity development measures.
- Working with the technical team and other project staff of Migration for Development Programme to develop an overall capacity-building strategy that will sustainably build the capacity of and strengthen CSOs, and political partners.
- Assist in the design and implementation of participatory curricula, interactive training interventions, and individualized technical assistance for the core political partners.
- Coordinate and map the required training courses for the targeted category of beneficiaries (returning migrants and members of the host community) in the delivery of variety of online/physical training courses in collaboration with the PME Public Relations Team.
- In close coordination with Governmental Relations Coordinator, assist in developing workshops and training of trainers to the core political partners.
- Provide technical support to staff and partners in ensuring capacity building activities are promoting best practices as appropriate to the needs of the programme goals and objectives.
- Support project efforts to develop a research for capacity development services, including the identification of capacity development service providers.
- Provide periodic reports on labour market needs based on cooperation with private sector on quarterly basis.
- Document experience stories, lessons learned and challenges in implementation.
- Assist in developing and drafting program work plans, reports and other documentation as needed, such as training and resource materials, presentations.
- Report challenges/obstacles to supervisor to identify and resolve project issues and implement improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Additional tasks assigned by supervisor/management team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in international affairs, international law, international development, public administration, or a related field. Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience providing capacity-building support through training, consultations, and other mechanisms to CSOs and political partners with varying levels of organizational capacity.
- Experience providing capacity strengthening around policy advocacy, research, and publication.
- Proven project management skills including project development, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience in civil society, governance, organizational capacity building, advocacy, rule of law, or other related democracy and governance sectors.
- Minimum three (3) years substantive training experience, including the design, facilitation and delivery of participatory trainings and training-of-trainer workshops for adult learners.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience with capacity strengthening activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Oral and written fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is a plus.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (ERB-PME21-155) Capacity Development Advisor
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.