In your role, you are responsible for the technical, substantive, and organizational implementation of a project’s measures and activities. In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering, and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases. You are also responsible for providing specialist support to colleagues in bands 2 and 3 and ensuring the quality of the commission’s outcomes.
In addition, you contribute to the conceptual design of the project, in particular its modification or realignment. You make technical and substantive contributions to overarching issues in cooperation with commissioning parties/clients, partners, and other actors and thereby support the achievement of the agreed objectives of the respective project and provide the impetus for further strategy development.
In coordination with the country director and your line manager, you also use your contacts for the acquisition of contracts on behalf of the company.
In consultation with your team colleagues and line manager, you also coordinate all issues within your area of work and ensure that they are dealt with promptly and competently. You resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges in your team.
In consultation with your line manager, under your role, you may assume management responsibility for staff members in band 1, with due regard for P+R and GIZ’s applicable HR policies, instruments, and procedures.
You are involved in ongoing process development within your remit, are responsible for knowledge management, and prepare and share documentation. If required, you also support other experts in familiarizing themselves with and performing their tasks.
You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
Under the supervision of the Head of GMAC / Career Centre, The Capacity Development Advisor is responsible for the design, management, and implementation of capacity development initiatives for civil society organizations (CSOs) and political partners, including developing curricula, organizing, and coordinating training events, leading workshops, and designing technical assistance delivery schemes while assisting in human capacity developments measures conducted by the Migration for Development program.
- Assist the Governmental Relations Coordinator in the design and implementation of organizational capacity and needs assessments for civil society and political partners in terms of human capacity development measures.
- Working with the technical team and other project staff of Migration for Development Program to develop an overall capacity-building strategy that will sustainably build the capacity of and strengthen CSOs, and political partners.
- Assist in the design and implementation of participatory curricula, interactive training interventions, and individualized technical assistance for the core political partners.
- Coordinate and map the required training courses for the targeted category of beneficiaries (returning migrants and members of the host community) in the delivery of a variety of online/physical training courses in collaboration with the PME Public Relations Team.
- In close coordination with Governmental Relations Coordinator, assist in developing workshops and training of trainers to the core political partners.
- Provide technical support to staff and partners in ensuring capacity-building activities are promoting best practices as appropriate to the needs of the program goals and objectives.
- Support project efforts to develop research for capacity development services, including the identification of capacity development service providers.
- Provide periodic reports on labor market needs to be based on cooperation with private sector on quarterly basis.
- Document experience stories, lessons learned and challenges in implementation.
- Assist in developing and drafting program work plans, reports and other documentation as needed, such as training and resource materials, presentations.
- Report challenges/obstacles to supervisor to identify and resolve project issues and implement improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Qualifications and specialist knowledge (optional, if required)
(Qualifications and specialist area)
Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in international affairs, international law,
international development, public administration, or a related field. Master’s degree or its
international equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience providing capacity-building support through training, consultations, and other mechanisms to CSOs and political partners with varying levels of organizational capacity.
- Experience providing capacity strengthening around policy advocacy, research, and publication.
- Proven project management skills including project development, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience in civil society, governance, organizational capacity building, advocacy, rule of law, or other related democracy and governance sectors.
- Minimum three (3) years substantive training experience, including the design, facilitation and delivery of participatory trainings and training-of-trainer workshops for adult learners.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience with capacity strengthening activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Oral and written fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is a plus.
This position is assigned to salary band 4
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-PME22-023)
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered