We aspire to be the most customer-centric and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who love the hustle. If you would like to help us build the place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history.
You will create product assortments that meet customer need by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer insight, and business analysis.
It will be critical for the Buyer to provide in-season trend analysis and forecasting to ensure that the products and category are aligned with trend of the business.
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs as well as upcoming trends in the marketplace to develop seasonal plans and assortments; be the expert around the marketplace trends, product and what our consumer is looking for.
- Gather information- qualitative and quantitative- to help develop and execute strategy to drive categories in alignment with shape objectives set by the global teams.
- Showcase understanding of a Digital e-commerce business- build product and vendor assortments and business plans. Utilize site metrics and analytics to make short term decisions and actions.
- Ensure service levels while hitting inventory turns and margin goals. Communicate information around product and consumer to teams to ensure execution is best for the consumer.
- Build assortment plans to achieve financial targets that will meet/exceed sales & gross margin goals. Use both historical and upcoming trend data to ensure accurate forecast.
- Issue reports that reflect most recent trends, site metrics, product performance and updates. Identify business opportunities/risks in-season through analyzing product performance and gathering marketplace information. Partner cross-functionally to update go to market plans to achieve needed numbers.
- Develop and utilize a suite of reporting (standard and ad hoc)- weekly, monthly, quarterly, seasonally, annually to report on all business results.
- Work cross-functionally as needed to achieve goals. With support of the Category manager and Head of Commercial, lead teams through the set strategy and work with them to accomplish category goals.
- Responsible for communicating knowledge around the consumer and product to all teams and keep them up to date on the market.
- Conduct regular price checks and price control activities to ensure that prices are optimal and competitive.
- Address any vendor concerns and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure vendor satisfaction.
- Achieve Category growth targets and strategies and manage the catalog’s diversity by growing ensuring merchant and brand success.
- Conduct field visits such as visiting vendors and other field activities on a regular basis.
- Achieve targets designated by the category manager.
- 2-5 Years of experience in a sales or business development role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, listening, strong attention to detail, and the ability to follow up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Preferable experience working in a B2B environment in a sales-related role.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude and self-motivation to win every client.
- Experience in E-Commerce is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience within the Iraqi market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Arabic.