A Business Specialist is an integral role of one of Asuda’s project who has to partner with local business/company in Sulaimania, Chamchamal, Arbat and Bazian. A number of women and girls from Host Community, IDP and Refugee assistance to be recruited into the private sector. The role of the Business specialist is to integrate with the private sector in order to find job placements within the sectors. This role requires a good understanding of adaptive business continuity planning strategy and business operations, especially in information of the private sector. The Business Specialist will assist women and girls to enhance their job capability and teach them related skills to be utilized after the completion of the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Project Manager to develop and implement a business action plan;
- Meet and work closely with businesses/companies in the private sector to find job placement;
- Provide input, and manage content on the Business Continuity;
- Facilitate collaboration with teams and ability to influence informally across different
teams to business relationships;
- Support the team to develop and participate in presentations of work continuity;
- Assist in the development and conduct of business continuity training and exercises;
- Track and report teams’ compliance to the Project Manager;
- Outreach tracking field visits for monitoring and regular interviews with employers for feedback;
- Other activities as required.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling Asuda’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of Asuda;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of Asuda.
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of Asuda project activities, strengthening of strategic partnerships for Asuda’s core principles;
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with all the partners, advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Educational background: Bachelor's degree in management.
- Fluency in English is a must and advanced levels of Arabic and Kurdish.
- Two distinguished years of relevant management experience.
- Previous project management experience with NGO is an asset.
- Advanced levels of report writing skills.
- Experience of program development work and a mature understanding of poverty and development issues.
- Strong analytical thinking ability to present complex information to a wide range of people.
- Ability to work within a team and at an individual level.
- Excellent Communication and problem solving skills.
- Being able to travel within the scope of the project (Sulaimania, Bazian, Chamchamal and Arbat).
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Sparks imagination and creativity.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time.