We are looking for BUSINESS MENTOR: AGRI-BUSINESS INCUBATOR to support the testing, development and scale-up of innovations which will address locally identified challenges in order to improve and transform how response, early recovery and resilience building is carried out in Iraq. The IRIL is launching an Innovative Agri-business incubator to support the development and growth of 10 innovative start-ups in the agriculture sector.
What we are looking for
Our next BUSINESS MENTOR: AGRI-BUSINESS INCUBATOR will require:
• Marketing, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, finance Commerce or related degree.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in successfully providing practical support and training to small and micro enterprises/start-ups (including informal very early stage enterprises) in all business management aspects and at all stage of development.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in the private sector and with start-ups
• Proven experience in producing and reviewing the business case for start-ups (including enterprises in the informal sector) (sample work might be requested).
• Proven experience in training and coaching micro and small enterprises (sample work of training curriculum might be requested)
• Proven experience in supporting start-up connect to financial institutions/funders/privates sector investors and produce sound business plans that are satisfactory to the lending institutions/donor.
• Experience in organising start-up related events such as pitching event, demo days, networking events etc
• Good understanding of the business enabling environment and regulation in Iraq and in particular on issues faced by start-ups in Iraq.
• Has already an existing network of diverse actors operating in Iraq
• Excellent commination and writing skill, able to synthesize information from various sources and produce high-quality reports/papers.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
• Able to travel in all regions of Iraq and on short notice is essential
• High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines
• Good knowledge of the Iraq Context
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft office tools ( PPT, Excel, Word, etc.) Advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
• Strong interested in Innovations
• Strong Entrepreneurship skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills
• Fluent in Arabic, Kurdish and English is a must
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in your career development, to act as a key contributor to the innovation lab team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.