Led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan, Careem is pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We are in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, And acquired by UBER in 2020, Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With continuous monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 13 countries and host over 10 million users.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives
Responsible for the acquisition and account management of corporate sales and partnerships clients in Basra. The role reports to The BD & sales manager in Iraq
- Leading the focal point for all the corporate sales, Partnership & Marketing efforts in Basra.
- The work is mostly outside the office meeting with new and existing clients.
- Ensuring great attention to detail and very fast SLA when dealing with partners on project planning and implementation.
- Building and nurturing the relationship with Marketing, PR and Supply teams on the ground to ensure timely delivery of corporate sales and partnership projects.
- Working on business cases and key metrics to be presented to Sales Manager and Finance/Commercial teams for any sales deal or partnership.
- Reporting on BD & Corporate deals on a weekly basis and comparing versus targets and budgets to ensure alignment.
- Maintaining a CRM tool on a daily basis.
- Working with Business Analyst when needed to understand and report on campaign impacts and performance
- Bachelors / University degree in business administration or a related field.
- 1 year of experience as a Sales Executive / Business Development Executive.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day