Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability. Ta’afi is recruiting for a bookkeeper.
Long-term Local Support, Cooperating Country National
This position will report to the Finance Officer. The position is based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Records expenditures in ABACUS, the project’s financial management system
- Prepares the cash/bank reconciliation at the end of each month to close the month’s books
- Tracks sub ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff, such as outstanding travel advances, vehicle mileage, and personal telephone use
- Prepares invoices for accounts receivables monthly
- Maintains proper financial data and financial files
- Assists the finance specialist with financial reporting and analysis
- Processes expense reports, completes bank reconciliations, and drafts financial projections
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in business management, accounting, or a related field
- At least two years of relevant bookkeeping, financial management and/or accounting experience in Iraq is preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices is required, as well as general accounting best practices in Iraq
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, the public, and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, and governmental entities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications and Microsoft Office. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is required
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required, written and oral fluency
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-05
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due
by 14 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only