Job Description - Bidder
Part of Interno’s development plan, we are searching for a level-headed bidding team to join our excellent teams. In this role, as a team you will identify opportunities for bid submissions, develop bid-winning strategies, conduct research, write and edit proposals, negotiate with stakeholders, and collaborate with each to ensure bid security. Candidates will be interviewed per our HR department’s procedure. One of the candidates will be selected as the bid manager to lead the team. A top-notch bidding team will be able to write effective proposals while adhering to budgetary and time constraints. Ideal candidates should demonstrate a sound understanding of the industry, and be able to communicate and negotiate with a range of stakeholders. A bidding team manages customer proposal requests and coordinates company bids. They create solutions and develop strategies while complying with customer requirements in order to achieve their ultimate goal of securing winning bids. This is a large part of how company’s secure and maintain clients and contracts. The Bid Manager would be at the executive-level within a tendering/bidding department, and would work closely with high-level executives such as the board of directors, the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer. They would be able to work in a number of different industries. Working Days: 6 days a week.
In order to orchestrate winning bids, a bidder and the bid manager perform many different tasks, the core roles and responsibilities have been listed below.
- Identifying opportunities for bid submissions and raising them with the bid management team.
- Conducting research and brainstorming key points to include in the bid.
- Crafting persuasive and detailed proposals.
- Performing risk assessments and addressing concerns of clients and company staff.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Liaising with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Keeping track of all costs and managing budgets.
- Working closely with project managers, design managers, estimators, and senior personnel.
- Conducting team briefings once bids have been secured.
- Showing proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Showing an understanding of the bid process
- Obtaining proposal management experience
- Demonstrating previous exposure to contracts and an understanding of basic contract language
- Providing proven leadership and management experience
- Having extensive bidding experience
- Possessing experience interacting with executive-level staff
- Experience securing large contracts
- Industry-specific knowledge and background
- Knowledge of document management methods
- Cloud software experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or another relevant discipline. Or
- Bachelor’s degree in management or English.
- Experience as a bid writer is advantageous.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a willingness to keep up with trends.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-driven and committed to excellence.
- Languages: Kurdish, Arabic, and English