Yazda Iraq is seeking to hire a Baghdad-based Coordination Director to manage and coordinate Yazda communication with governmental institution, international and local NGOs, embassies and foreign representations, and UN system in Iraq. Yazda is seeking a dynamic and motivated leader with strong communication skills in Arabic and English and ability to deal with high-level stakeholders.
Job Title: Baghdad-based Coordination Director
Contract Period: 20 Months
Employment Location: Baghdad, Republic of Iraq
The Baghdad-Based Coordination Director is a key leadership position for Yazda Iraq and will report to Yazda Country Director. She/He will help with coordination of all Yazda official communication in Baghdad.
The successful candidate should have the capacity and skills to represent the organization and professionally engage with governmental and non-governmental actors, including Yazda’s local and international partners. He/she will have demonstrated ability to professional conduct official business in formal settings. She/he will need to have a strong commitment to minorities empowerment, excellent leadership, and ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, and to operate successfully in unstable and challenging environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Yazda officially in Baghdad before governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Actively engage in advocacy for the causes Yazda supports, including working with Iraqi parliament and institutions for legislative changes.
- Understand Yazda’s various policy positions and engage with stakeholders accordingly.
- Process all Yazda paperworks within various governmental bodies, including visa and residency acquisitions.
- Work closely with Iraqi government officials and institutions.
- Work closely with the embassies and representation of foreign countries.
- Work closely with UN body
- Engage with religious and community leaders to advance Yazidis, Christians and other minorities cause in the Iraqi community.
- Engage with Universities and educational bodies to advance human rights, research, and social changes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in coordination and representation in formal settings.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and demonstrated experience of formal communication of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of Governmental bodies, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Parliamentary politics and legislative framework in Iraq.
- Demonstrable understanding of minority issues and proven commitment to addressing inequalities in all key areas.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- High level of maturity and cultural sensitivity.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social context of Iraq
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email applications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness and ability to live in Baghdad Iraq, travel as needed.
- Appropriate qualifications in business management, international relationships, political sciences or other related discipline and/or experience relevant to the position.
- Experience in analysing and reporting
Deadline for applications is November 12, 2018