The Area Manager is responsible for implementing the sales & trade marketing plans insuring the achievement of the products area targets by properly coaching & monitoring the area's TMRs.
He performs his duties in accordance with the Malia Holding goals and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following : (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Contributes with Sales & Marketing Manager in the elaboration of the overall marketing and sales plans ensuring:
- adequate plan implementation
- target achievement trough a wider distribution, strengthening the relationship with key accounts
- effective team management
• Implements territory plans and routing schedules for the Customer Consultants.
• Controls the effectiveness of the sales operations through the financial performance of sales. Has the responsibility of meeting or exceeding the budgeted profit levels.
• Audits randomly the cash flow V/S stock situation of team members.
• Keeps Sales & Marketing Manager proactively informed regarding products’ performance and problems and opportunities. Submits a monthly report in that respect.
• Manage all assigned budgets, materials and equipment properly in order to reach consumers in the most effective and efficient way.
• Maintains operations within budget limitations.
• Ensure all manpower resources are appropriate, motivated, developed, trained in order to manage own territory efficiently. Ensures that products, promotional plans and sales strategies are well understood and implemented in order to give the optimum level of impact. Manages, organizes & coaches the Customer Consultants to fulfill their job description correctly.
• Initiates contacts for the purpose of finding new outlets and increasing sales.
• Monitors changes in the market situation. Recommend to Sales & Marketing Manager actions to meet the changing circumstances.
• Ensures that stock is well managed in coordination with Sales & Marketing Manager.
• Participates in investigations and adjustments of non-conformities and customer complaints.
• Maintains strong relationships with clients, particularly key accounts.
• Participates with Sales & Marketing Manager in the recruitment of Customer Consultants, the team members performance appraisal & evaluation of training needs. Makes sure that the team members are applying the company’s internal regulations.
• Participates in conducting proposal for the new products to be launched.
• Promotes positively company’s image among Sales outlets.
Education & Experience
• BA in Business or Marketing
• 4 years experience in sales of FMCG
• Energetic and able to handle multiple tasks under pressure (deals effectively with concerns and problems)
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proactive, Performance and Goal-oriented
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Methodical
• Excellent planning skills
• Communication skills: towards team, Malia Group colleagues & customers
Qualifications & Knowledge
• Good presentation techniques
• Trilingual in Kurdish, Arabic and English
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, IBM Lotus Notes
• Relates to a team approach: working with diversity
• Delegates and follows-up on related issues
• Collaborative skills
• Negotiation skills
• Extremely adaptable to new environments
• Flexibility in working hours as schedule dictates
Willingness to undergo training and development to take account of changes in working methodology & technology