PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The CFS Animator will be responsible for the implements structured activities at the CFLS to create a learning environment that provides structure and safety for children, as well as contributing to the child’s emotional security and positive cognitive and physical development.
Providing Technical support to all project activities implemented
· Prepare the respective lesson plan for the day. Use appropriate education material, subjects, teaching methods, stationary and furniture for children and youth classes.
· Conduct the courses in a child centered and participatory approach, use of different CFLS materials provided as guidance.
· Conduct literacy and numeracy course work with children in the static and mobile CFLS.
· Ensure the attendance of the children is taken daily and recorded properly into the database for the CFLS.
· Refer children with learning difficulties to Psychologist / social workers for additional support.
· Report to project coordinator on daily/weekly trends observed, challenges and recommendations.
Capacity Building provision for project team
· Conduct consultation meeting with the Social Worker/Psychologist on children/youth progress
· Identify and refer cases of children with distress or psychosocial support.
· Integrate PSS activities in the education courses with the close support of the Social Worker/Psychologist
· Coordinate and share resources with the Mobile CFLS team
Raise awareness of parents (parents of children/youth attending CFLS courses) on education and protection
· Inform and sensitize parents on the importance of formal school registration, where necessary participate in the
· Refer cases of school registration to the Social workers for further support
· Document and share any feedback provided by parents or beneficiaries about the delivered activities, and take actions to improve the education response
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree in English Language or Computer Science.
- Previous teaching experience is a requirement for this position including literacy and numeracy package. Bachelor degree in education and sociology is required. A professional diploma in education and early childhood development will also be accepted in lieu of Degree program.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic (speaking and writing).
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent communication skills with children of different age groups and adults (staff and community members).
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team.
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards.
- Familiar with sector minimum standards and guidelines such as INEE Minimum Standards; familiar with Kurdish and Iraqi education system and UN cluster system (high asset).
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Work experience with humanitarian agencies
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted