Agriculture Project Officer - Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Agriculture Project Officer - Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide oversight and technical support to Agriculture and Natural Resources Management intervention under the Safe Return Project funded by Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP), in line with the NO Strategy. The position holder will Provide technical support to all Agriculture and Natural Resources Management and ensure promotion of good practice and learning is captured and applied through M&E mechanisms.
S/he will be responsible for providing ongoing capacity building, assistance and coaching to community facilitators to ensure timely and quality implementation of Agriculture and Natural Resources Management intervention. On day to day basis, he will be expected to coordinate activities in either the following areas: crop and livestock production, land development and agricultural extension. S/he would be expected to liaise and closely coordinate with other stakeholders including the Department of Agriculture, Local NGOS, UN agencies and UN cluster coordination system for coordination and information sharing.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
Facilitate beneficiary training on economic development modules/models Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages.
Monitoring and Reporting:
a. Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
b. Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator
c. Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor
Planning and Budgeting
Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Higher education – Bachelors degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not
employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.