Title: Advisor - PSD Operations South
For duties in Basra, GIZ Private Sector Development Project (PSD) is looking for an “Advisor – PSD Operations South”.
GIZ PSD strives to bring young people into employment! For this, we support vocational trainings, job preparedness trainings, social integration activities, and psycho-social counselling in Basrah. Furthermore, job placement activities and internship schemes are supported to give young people maximum support to attain employment. In order for jobs to be created, PSD works closely with business and their associations. Our focus is especially on construction, agriculture, and local tourism.
Are you interested in joining our team? Are you proactive, self-reliant, and a good communicator? Read further!
The Advisor will facilitate the project implementation in Basrah (and potentially in neighboring provinces) under the steering of the project’s management team. This will include full project circle activities such as planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of activities. The advisor will assist the project to identify new beneficiaries and partners as well as to maintain excellent work relations with existing ones. A special focus will be on coordination with existing GIZ measures and connected international donors. The position will allow for a significant level of creativity but also demands dedication to our objectives, diplomatic skills, and self-reliance.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Implementation & Monitoring The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the heads of the field of action. This may include full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle and abilities shown. The position will support the PSD M&E Officer implementing the project’s monitoring plan in the field.
2. Stakeholder Management & Planning The position holder liaisons with the project’s political and implementation partners. This duty also includes the identification of new beneficiaries and partners. One main function of the position is the close coordination of PSD activities with other GIZ projects operation in the intervention areas.
The position will support the planning efforts of the project for Basrah.
3. Operations (including logistics) The position holder supports the PSD staff in organizing travels, workshops, and other activities in the South of Iraq. Also, coordination with relevant GIZ administration offices such as procurement, accounting, contracts is part of the position. The position holder will report to the PSD Head of Admin for these duties.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
• Academic degree in relevant fields such as social sciences, teaching, business administration etc.
• Proven experiences in supporting development cooperation efforts in one of the following or similar fields:
o youth employment o youth skills advancement o youth organizations o SME development o Business associations o Start-up promotion
• Administration experiences are and advantage especially in accounting or logistics.
• Above average academic Arabic, and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
• Management experience of contractors is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Office Software literacy
• German language skills are an advantage
• Self-reliant, proactive, and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
• Ability to travel to Central Iraq and abroad for limited periods