Line Manager: Office Manager
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. Headquartered in London with offices in Turkey, Kurdistan Region of Iraq "KRI", Morocco, Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest reserve resource holder in KRI.
We are steadily growing our business through the appraisal and development of our assets in KRI and value-accretive acquisitions, building a high-impact exploration portfolio within the Middle East and Africa while expanding our Kurdistan footprint.
The Administrative Specialist will report to the Office Manager and be based in our Erbil office. The purpose of the role is to support the Office Manager to ensure effective day-to-day operations.
- Active participation in office management, including handling general clerical tasks;
- Confer with the supply chain department to process tax exemption letters;
- Offer assistance to the accounting department to manage invoices, payments, and receipts;
- Work collaboratively with other departments to help solve clerical issues;
- Organize and prepare meeting schedules for various departments. Ensure meeting spaces are properly requisitioned ahead of schedule;
- Manage office equipment and supplies, and ordering new equipment and supplies as needed. Ensure that all new procurement requests and purchase orders are registered in the EAM system.
- Handling hotel reservations and apartment allocation for international staff members, ensuring that change/maintenance requests are responded to in a timely manner;
- Support visa/residency issuance and renewal process for international staff members. Ensure that the visa/residency database is up to date and notify the HR department ahead of the expiration date.
- Draft and submit letters to the Ministry of Natural Resources and follow up on outstanding applications and tasks at the MNR and other relevant governmental agencies.;
- Any other administrative duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Administration, or any other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar administrative role, preferably within oil and gas;
- Native Kurdish with fluency in written and oral English;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications;
- Experience in working in a customer-oriented professional environment within an international team;
- High standards of discretion;
- Excellent attention to detail is essential;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity are required.
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organized oral & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers (employees and suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes & failures to learn and improve.
How to apply
Please submit your application before 31 May 2021.
(Kindly mention Administrative Specialist in the subject of your E-mail)