The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know-how. We are a German federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
Most of our work is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). However, GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries and public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include governments of other countries, the European Commission, the United Nations and the World Bank. We are equally committed to helping our clients in the private sector attain their goals.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
About the Position
Administrative assistant will provide the needed administrative support for a number of projects within RECO-G cluster in coordination and collaboration with the rest of the administration, and logistics team and the relevant units in giz. The position will be based in Baghdad office with possibility to travel to many provinces.
This position in Baghdad supports the following main tasks:
- Ensures a proper facility management and providing the requirement for the office. • Paying bills, purchasing the smaller quantities for the office and projects.
- Maintains an inventory for the office.
- Organises and files documents in reference files or in the digital Document Management System (DMS) in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Organises, coordinates, and provides event logistics for GIZ events.
- Assists in preparation of delegation visits.
- Responsible for keep and review the generator/car log/fuel consumption and recording monthly maintenance.
- Reports need for service and carries out minor repairs.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised clerical college
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Previous experience with International NGO.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) • Fluent knowledge of the Arabic language
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH RECO023-022) Administrative Assistant Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications