The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
A. Job description:
- The position holder supports the procurement of items for the cluster projects according to GIZ rules and regulations. This includes the preparation of requests, coordinating with the logistics team to procure the goods, receiving the goods and checking them, and finally, documenting all the process relevant documents in the project files on DMS.
- Supports the Admin team to register project assets in giz systems and keep track of inventory.
- Supports the GIZ HR department on behalf of the projects, informs about new and existing administration rules, creates and upholds internal project administration procedures, arranges travels and appointments, , and supports the projects in all other administrative matters.
- The position holder will conduct market surveys, and market assessments whenever needed upon request from the Administration manager.
- The position holder will draw lists of available equipment in the project’s stock such as IT equipment, hibernation equipment, stationery, etc.. in close communication and coordination with the logistics team.
- Works as a health focal point for the cluster office, ensuring that all health measures are provided in the office and that the health SOPs are complied with.
- Supports the admin team in the cluster to process travel settlements for national staff in the cluster projects in coordination with the finance team.
- The position holder will coordinate with the admin teams in other duty stations and cluster offices to ship equipment and documents and to exchange information among those various office locations.
- The position holder supports the cluster projects in the logistics arrangements of events, workshops, and trainings.
- Supporting the coordination and arrangement of staff transportation (movements) in coordination with the relevant units in giz.
- When possible and appropriate, performs any additional tasks required by the line manager.
- An academic degree in business administration, office management, or a relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in office management, administration, or secretarial work.
- Working with international organizations is an asset.
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set and determine work priorities and organize tasks accordingly.
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and to cooperate and work together with a team.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: Administrative Assistant (BGH-ECON22-049)
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.