The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
A. Job description
- The position holder arranges, facilitates, and coordinates giz staff transportation requests (movements) with the relevant units in giz and the external service providers in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that giz rules and regulations are complied with within the scope of responsibility.
- Support the logistics team to oversee project cars and organize project cars‘ movements when necessary and needed.
- Act as a main focal point for all cluster projects to communicate and share information related to movement SOPs and advisories in a timely manner.
- Supports the cluster projects in travel management tasks including reservation of flight tickets, hotel booking, and travel settlement for national staff. This task is done in close coordination and cooperation with the relevant units and focal points in giz country office and the finance units.
- Supports the projects and logistics team in events management and preparation of projects events such as the organization of transportation of materials, organizing the transportation of partners, consultants, etc..
- Supports the administration and logistics team of the cluster with the general office matters when possible and upon request from the line manager.
- Supports the logistics team in the receipt of goods for office equipment when necessary.
- An academic degree in business administration, office management, or a relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in travel management, administration, or fleet management.
- Working with international organizations is an asset.
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set and determine work priorities and organize tasks accordingly.
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and to cooperate and work together with a team..
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: Administrative Assistant (BGH-ECON22-048)
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for. CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.