Job Title: Administration Officer
Reports to: Head of Administration and Operations
Duty station Erbil
The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees. The duty station for the “Administration Officer” is the GIZ Erbil Office.
The position holder will be coordinating and implementing the administrative support to all cluster projects, i.e. working with multiple projects at the same time.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
The Administration officer is responsible for:
- Providing Administrative services for the cluster projects independently, with a minimum intervention.
- Supporting the cluster projects’ operations in close coordination and cooperation with the other administrative staff in the team.
- Ensuring an effective communication flow, among the projects and the admin team.
- Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring that the cluster projects’ offices he/she is responsible for are fully equipped with the necessary IT equipment and supplies necessary for the staff upon request.
- The Administration officer arranges trainings, events, meetings, delegation tours and travels logistically. This includes e.g. booking of venues, transportation tickets, translators and equipment, invitation of participants etc.
- Oversee the proper maintenance of the office facilities, maintenance log and general upkeeping.
- The position holder ensures the timely availability of all office equipment and their quality according to GIZ standards.
- Coordinates the staff transportation using the project cars and external service providers in close communication with the fleet management teams.
- The Administrative Officer ensures that information is exchanged between project/cluster staff, and other units in giz country office.
- The position holder also prepares and organizes internal meetings, and coordinates between the different projects’ duty stations if necessary.
- The Administrative officer communicates closely with the relevant units in country office for the various administrative matters and to follow up on the ongoing processes.
- The position holder coordinates and communicates closely with the finance unit in the cluster for the matters related to travel settlements, inventory, and budget planning.
- The Administration Officer prepares contracts and procurement requests and ensures the availability of all necessary documents according to GIZ quality procedures.
- Contracting also includes the processing, follow-up, tracking, and filing of contracting documents on DMS.
- The administration officer also ensures that the quality of the contracting documents is maintained as per giz rules and regulations.
- The position holder implements the tendering processes whenever necessary in close coordination with the relevant units in country office as per giz rules and regulations.
- The Administration officer procures items for the cluster projects according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Supports the GIZ HR department on behalf of the projects in HR matters such as interviews and leaves, informs about new and existing administration rules, creates, and upholds internal cluster administration procedures.
5. Other duties/additional tasks
- The position holder will support the project with translation duties and any additional tasks of non-technical nature if deemed necessary.
- Education: University degree, preferably in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant occupational experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
- Fluent English and Kurdish languages proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken), fluent Arabic is a strong asset.
- MS Office Software literacy.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-ECON21-122) Administration Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.