- Design, implement and oversee the maintenance of administrative / filing systems for the efficient functioning of the office.
- Ensure that any Zonal Manager’s requests are immediately executed and follow up on any pending issues.
- Provide administration support to all departments and sectors with the Zonal Manager’s approval.
- Organize, manage and oversee the maintenance of office support services including secretarial, data processing, housing, and office equipment purchases, building services and hospitality to visitors.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed according to World Vision standards.
- Maintain an accurate visitor list and inform the Zonal Manager and other relevant staff of new staff/visitors coming to the area.
- Ensure that hotel bookings are made in time and communicated to staff arriving.
- Inform incoming staff about recommended medical facilities, hospitals and medical doctors in province and the area.
- Ensure assignments for staff’s accommodation are done and communicated.
- Set up team house and coordinate with the Zonal Manager on all room assignments.
- Ensure cell phone airtime is available at all times for staff according to policy.
- Ensure that utilities are available and working properly in the office, warehouse and team house.
- Ensure that the office / team house rent is paid on time.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual Administration Department budget.
- Ensure there are adequate office supplies available for the staff.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Maintain attendance records for all staff and coordinate all administrative HR issues with the P&C (People & Culture – HR) department in Erbil.
- Maintain cash on hand accounting ledger on day-to-day basis
- Coordinate sending of financial documents for review to Erbil finance office
- Processing of financial transactions based on the feedback / approval provided by the Erbil office finance department
- Checking of project payment authorizations and its attachments before preparing cash disbursement vouchers
- Coordination of banking transactions – bank statement reconciliation.
- Ensure the sufficient maintenance of level of cash for the program of activities
- Cash Management - Cash receipt and disbursements to staff
- Conducting Cash Count on a regular basis
- Monthly cash ledger reports are prepared and sent to Erbil Office
- University degree in business or similar achievement and/or extensive work experience in administrative fields.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Native Kurdish.
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active and excellent at multi-tasking
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of administration principles
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written
- Good understanding of World Vision administration standards
- Must have cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Experience in managing an administration department
- Experience in working in an emergency relief setting is desirable
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted