Position is required to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient fficient liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
A. Local (Government) Reporting
1. Ensure Compliance with Local legislation, WVI and donor requirements.
2. Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies
B. Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances
5. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
6. Assist Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
7. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
8. Perform site and partner monitoring visits
Perform other duties as required
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
Analytical skills and good attention to details.
Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
Ability to travel within the country
A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full Adherence to security protocols
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to 10% of the time
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.