JOB TITLE: Accounting Assistant
The Accounting Assistant, supports the accountant in completing basic bookkeeping, clerical and accounting tasks for a company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
• Complete purchase orders.
• Complete financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
• Enter financial information into appropriate software programs.
• Process business expenses.
• Verify balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies.
• Complete bank reconciliations and manage day-to-day transactions.
• Research potential vendors & suppliers.
• Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Assist the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements.
• Post daily receipts.
• Encoding accounting entries for data processing.
• Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by management.
• Reports directly to the Country Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Accounting or Business Administration.
• A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role (trading & distribution).
• Good analytics and reporting skills.
• Experience with Accounting System.
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
• Have a high-level attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary package will reflect experience levels and will depend on the candidate.