Company Description: Our Company is a local general contracting, general trading, and logistics company in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant that can provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, and preparing reports. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and will play a valued role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our Financial systems and processes. The Accountant will assist in maintaining our accounting system through the analysis of customer contracts and the creation of invoices, credits, revenue arrangements, journal entries, and other supporting tasks. Collaborating with a team of hardworking individuals you will assist in entering and maintaining accounting and customer documentations.
Candidates must have a high level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines. This position requires the ability to manage vast amounts of detailed information; thus accuracy is paramount
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing monthly financial statements, including journalizing all transactions, cash receipts, and disbursements. This includes thorough documentation of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines. And identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes to raise the standards of the finance department.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports.
- Verify, allocate post and reconcile transactions.
- Ensure all invoices are reviewed and accompanied with respective supporting documents to ensure the validity of the invoices and ensure cost recovery. Furthermore, gather and verify invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Support the Finance manager in establishing an accounting system, and utilize such a system for general ledger, entering timely accounts payable sub-ledger entries, requesting AP voucher approval, and more.
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy. • Monitor tax liabilities and ensure tax liabilities are paid on time, and support the Finance Manager in preparing quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Create invoices according to company practices, and then submit invoices to the Finance Manager for review before submitting them to customers.
- Support the company in optimizing the financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts.
- Actively investigate and resolve irregularities in both incoming and outgoing payments
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the success of the department and company.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Trustworthiness is the most important value for us.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline; Accounting or Finance.
- 2-4 years of professional experience as an Accountant.
- Has at least one Accounting or Finance certificate from renowned institutes.
- In-depth experience with sophisticated banking and accounting reconciliations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the Company • Advance accounting system skills.
- Speaks Kurdish and English, Arabic is a plus.
Note: both genders have equal chances, gender will not be the basis, nor even a factor of selection.