Asuda for Combating Violence against Women is an Iraqi NGO dedicated to combating and eliminating all forms of violence against women and girls through an international, institutionalized and systematic approach to protect women’s rights and strengthen civil society entities in the region. Asuda seeks the attainment of a safe environment for women and other marginalized groups, free from all forms of violence and discrimination. Asuda works for a world where everyone is held accountable for their actions, and individuals can rely on the provision of legal services. Asuda works with national and international organizations to raise awareness, to continue advocating for women’s rights, and to lead projects directed at empowering women and girls in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Accountant is responsible for the full and complete accounting of all expenditures of Asuda including the project of Protection and Empowerment of Women and Girls in Iraqi Kurdistan.
The Accountant will be expected to perform the following duties, in collaboration with other Asuda staff:
- Ensure that all documentation for payment requests are complete, accurate and duly approved in compliance to the programmes plycies.
- Manage cash disbursements in the Office.
- Ensure all transactions are entered into the electronic cashbooks or the accounting software in use in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are filed in a logical manner for easy retrieval and access.
- Assist the Office Director with the financial management aspects in the office.
- Providing quarterly budget planing for all programs.
- Controlling the monthly budget and be aware of any contradictions in the budget and sorting out a proper solution.
- Updating the Programme managers about the project budget and notifying any underspent or overspend in the buget.
- Preparing monthly salary payroll and submiting to Director on monthly basis.
- Must be female.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kurdish and knowledge of Arabic would be a considerable asset .
- Educational background: graduate university or diploma degree.
- 2 years of experience in an accounting position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agencies.
- Experience of program development work and a mature understanding of poverty and development issues.
- Ability to work within a team and at an individual level.
- Communicate and solving problem skills.
- Able to travel within Kurdistan and if necessary outside of Kurdistan.
- Good organizational skills and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Reporting skill required.
- Excellent computer user (MS excel and data base).
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling Asuda’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Asuda
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development of new skills
- Seeks and applies knowledge and best practices from within and outside Asuda
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a CV attached electronically to email@example.com indicating the position they are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their age, race, gender, ethnicity, or nationality.