JOB TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Administration and Finance Manager.
Working Day: Saturday - Thursday
Day Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping duties.
- Accurate preparation and maintenance of the hospital’s financial records.
- Making bills readily available to customers and clients; the processing of refunds.
- The ability to communicate financial records effectively is also very paramount.
- Preparation of customer invoices.
- Issuance of receipt for payment made by customers
- Tracing of direct lodgment into the bank accounts and reconciliation with invoices and receipts raised.
- Preparation of payment vouchers in a manner that ensures that transaction classifications are inappropriate heads
- Daily postings of all payment vouchers
- Perform the end of the month account closing activities.
- Prepare a schedule of provision for doubtful debts.
- Assist various departments in detailing or resolving any accounting issues or queries.
- Maintain general ledger accounts for all assets, liabilities, income and expenses
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, prepayments, depreciation, amortizations, errors and variances.
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations, and foreign exchange.
- Provide appropriate accounting information on any customer accounts/ledger and balances whenever needed.
- Preparation of fixed assets schedule.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with trial balance and revenue accounts with cash lodgment, receipt raise/issued and credit sales.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- At least 2 - 3 years as an Account Officer with good knowledge of Account Payable, receivable and Inventory.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, and proficiency with Excel spreadsheets.
- Computer literacy including operation and software application use required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently required.
- Preferred skills include being detail-oriented and organized, having the ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines, and a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of employees.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and relationship-building abilities.