MSELECT is looking to hire a Sales Manager for an automotive client in Erbil. Candidates must have prior 5 years’ experience in sales management in the automotive sector and be fluent in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Responsible for leading the sales department. The Sales Manager is responsible for operations, sales performance results, employee supervision, and customer satisfaction in the new-vehicle sales department.
- Improving sales and operations.
- Department hiring & discipline decisions.
- Maintains CSI at or above company standards.
- Assists sales team with processing or completing sales.
- Trains and supervises sales team.
- Develops promotions to motivate sales team.
- Sets schedules for sales team.
- Oversees department inventory.
- Interacts with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for sale price & trade-in vehicle appraisals decisions.
- Reinforces company policies and adheres to policies.
- Encourages compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Ensures proper reporting of sales to manufacturer(s).
- Maintains factory(s) incentive programs.
- Attends required manager meetings.
- Maintains effective employee relations.
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management - Sets goals and objectives, develops project plans; Manages project team activities, develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Customer Service - Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively, Documents’ work.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities, takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Leadership - Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates, Adaptive to change and leads change movements.
- Ethics - Works ethically and with integrity; Upholds organizational values, Maintains technical compliance.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan (Shows up, shows up on time, Shows up with their game face on).
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or relevant field.
- Excellent sales skills, prior 5 years’ experience in sales management is required.
- Working experience of automotive sales industry is preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and dealership personnel
Verbal and Writing Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and able to read and explain reports, graph and charts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License
- Other departments’ Heads
- Sales Team
- Customers & clients
Required Language Proficiency
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process