MSELECT is looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance Audits and be fluent in English.
Risk and Compliance Section Head is assigned with a task to meet the following organizational objectives:
- Identify key compliance areas under EDPSC, JOA, Iraqi Rules and Regulations and any other Adhoc requirements / instructions issued by the Ministry of Oil to regulate Petroleum Operations;
- Establish and monitor Risk Management Framework for Contract Area and ensure that Risk Register is maintained and updated on regular basis; and
- Work with other Sections in Audit Departments and other functions to monitor various risk and compliance activities to ensure that Cost Recovery Risk is reduced to a minimum level.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Assist Audit Manager to establish Risk Management & Compliance Framework for Contract Area;
- Coordinate with Legal Department & Internal Audit Section to ensure that Compliance Register / Checklist is prepared and updated on regular basis;
- Establish a List of Compliance Deadlines and ensure that relevant department / staff is assigned to meet such deadlines. Section Head shall be responsible to keep record of such compliance activities and report to Audit Manager on monthly basis.
- Review Contracts and Procurement document ensuring full compliance with approved Policies and Procedures and respond to queries raised by the stakeholders;
- Periodically review and assess the efficiency of Risk & Compliance Framework and explore other important areas requiring immediate management action;
- Prepare Annual Risk & Compliance Audit plan and ensure its effective implementation;
- Prepare various reports, organize training sessions, attend meetings, etc. and investigate / coordinate on various queries, action plans, gaps identified during review of compliance activities;
- Any additional duties assigned by Audit Manager from time to time
- Compliance checklists
- Risk Register
- Risk Management Framework regular updates and gap analysis, etc.
- Periodic Reports on various activities performed during the year
- Ensure that all information prepared for stakeholder reflect true and fair information. Focus of the job must on desired outcomes through effective implementation.
- Ensure that a single and a complete/reliable database is maintained in the Shared Folder which is accessible to Audit Team Members and proper guidelines are available for staff to update periodically.
- Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that all activities are progressing smoothly in accordance with the established framework / objective.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Take initiatives to various team building activities and encourage problem solving through knowledge dissemination / sharing, training on complex issues and lead by example to maximize their performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Develop and contribute to the development and implementation of Risk & Compliance Audit policies, procedures and related templates
- Ensure compliance with project requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and a risk-free environment.
- Introduce continuous improvements to the existing Systems and Processes to achieve the best outcomes for Risk & Compliance activities.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute and ensure timely and accurate reporting within and outside organization.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All departments - Frequent contacts with other functions to share information related to various audits
- Internal Audit Committee
- BOC in general and BOC Audit Team on specific issues
- Other Government Authorities i.e. MoO / PCLD, etc.
- Funding Partners
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on company Risk & Compliance Audits, establishing related policies and procedures, effective monitoring on action plans, etc.
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other similar discipline
- Preferably Certified Internal Auditor from any recognized professional body
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
- Good command of verbal and written English and Arabic is essential
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance Audits with at least 3 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector and Job-Specific Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong knowledge of Petroleum Contracts with State Partner (Preferably for Southern Iraq Region)
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Control & Compliance Activities
- Analyze processes and apply critical thinking skills
- Work both collaboratively and individually
- Ability to constructively argue with various stakeholders to convince them on required action plans
- Excellent understanding of Drilling, EPCC and other related contracts
- Planning, Strategic thinking, Team building, decision making & problem-solving skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process