MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Procurement and Contract Engineer for an oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in procurements and contracts and must be fluent in English.
Company is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Procurement and Contract Engineer to be based in Erbil office to evaluate, assess, and prepare tender documents and interact with international suppliers and manufacturer to supply the equipment and materials. Candidate will be accountable to handle and deliver the services and prepare contract and tender documents needed.
- Prepare Tender Documents, Contract Packages, amendments, and variations in accordance with approved company policy and compliance to Oil & Gas industry standards.
- Establishing and maintaining an Approved Vendors list and a contracts database.
- Proceeding and monitoring tendering analysis procedures and preparing final analysis reports.
- Issue Contract Closeout documentation: Contract Closeout Change Order and Certificate of Final Completion.
- Participate in contract cost review and regular progress meeting; assist with preparation of monthly contracts progress reports
- Formulate and agree with the various task force members the contracting strategy and the contracting plan.
- Recommending any system improvements/nonconformance of standards to Clients and company
- Ensure that goods and services procured meet local regulations and content requirements relative to scope of work, quality, and schedule
- Organize meetings with clients and company authorities (as needed) for negotiating and resolving commercial, technical and contract completion issues
- Preparation of contractual letters to clients
- Evaluation and submission of interim valuations, Site measurement and final accounts
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts
- Prepare specifications and / or Contractors proposals
- Maintaining accurate electronic records of all contractual information
- Cooperates with the line manager to identify and implement best practices throughout the Company
- Able to work in the role of Procurement engineer for small and Medium activities.
- Accountable for cost effective sourcing of various components like test packages, skids, rotating equipment, mechanical, E&I items, piping, valves, chemicals and raw materials requested by Clients.
- Ensure desired quality of products and services on consistent basis while procurement.
- Responsible for on time delivery of goods & services in line with the agreed schedules.
- Deal with new and existing suppliers and subcontractors, develop relationships and negotiate purchase agreements.
- Awareness of the economic & market conditions that affect the prices of goods & services required for industry operations.
- Contacting suppliers to negotiate lead times and place or expedite purchase orders after which to update purchase orders with new contract delivery or current promise dates
- Taking care of the suppliers` invoices and rectify any mismatching in order payment on time and evaluation of technical and commercial Proposals and preparing the report
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier referencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- An important responsibility of a Procurement Engineer is choosing the appropriate suppliers to purchase from. Procurement Engineers do extensive industry research, meet with salespeople, and compares their products and prices.
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent with 6-10 years in procurements and contracts function with at least 2-3 years in similar role in a small and medium size company.
- Demonstrable commercial skills and knowledge of contracting methods, contract forms, drafting terms and conditions etc
- An understanding of the basic principles of contract law
- Experience from working on international service provider companies (preferably including overseas travel)
- Quantity Surveying Qualification preferred
- knowledge of Procurement systems, Tax structure, PO terms
- Able to communicate clearly with clients complex technical and commercial issues
- Good verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and organize delegated work schedules
- Proven experience of preparing, submitting and winning claims independently
- Very strong commercial (and ideally) legal knowledge
- Available for short tour international assignments
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Flexible working style with adaptability.
- High energy, strong work ethic. Self-starter with “fire in the belly”
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process